Wednesday 16 October 2013

Bioresonance Therapy

What do you know about bioresonance therapy? A few weeks ago I’d never heard of it, but it’s been around for some time. The reason I came to find out about it is due to my ongoing injury issues, that seem to have dragged on throughout this year. Recently I was having a chat with one of my friends at Ronhill, during which I mentioned my frustration at not being able to get clear of injuries, and he suggested I tried this treatment, putting me in touch with therapist Mike Beaver, from Wilmslow.

I’ll tell you more about my treatment later but first a little about the therapy.

What is bioresonance therapy?

It falls into the category of empiric medicine, such as homeopathy, acupuncture and other natural healing methods, and has been used in human medicine for more than 25 years. One of the benefits of this therapy is that it is non invasive, i.e. no needles or drugs are used as part of the therapy, instead it uses frequency patterns, which are passed through the body. It can be used for skin diseases, allergies, intestinal problems, sports injuries, and many others (see the website for further information).

That’s my simple explanation of the therapy, to read about it in more depth visit www.reson8.uk.com which covers it in much greater detail.

Bioresonance in sports medicine

Whilst it’s an interesting subject for all ailments the bit that was most relevant to me was it’s use in sports medicine and Mike gave me the following information: It is being used by 13,000 therapists worldwide, including some top sporting institutions, such as The Moscow Centre of Sport Rehabilitation. Both new and old sports injuries can be treated very effectively with bioresonance therapy and injuries can be reduced in the first place by improving blood circulation, receptor and brain communication, strengthening heart, muscles, joints and ligaments.

A research group was set up in Slovenia, featuring two groups of 12 sportsmen with overstrain syndrome, one group using conventional treatment and one group using bioresonance therapy. The results of this research showed that bioresonance therapy can be used successfully on overstrain syndrome without difficulty or negative side effects and that better results were achieved in less time with fewer sessions than by using conventional therapy.

So you will understand why I decided to use the therapy; firstly it was recommended by somebody I trust, secondly looking at the information on the website it made sense, thirdly I was already receiving other treatment but the long term problems I was having were not clearing up.

My bioresonance experience

The piriformis problems were dragging on and I still wasn’t able to get full range of movement during my running, which meant I still couldn’t run fast, then I had one of those nasty back spasms. This was on Wednesday morning, two weeks ago. After the spasm I was practically incapable of doing anything, in a lot of pain and completely unable to run. I was due at the chiropractor that afternoon so, whilst a little concerned that the spasm’s were, perhaps, coming back to haunt me, I felt sure I would be sorted out. However a couple of days later I was still getting the spasms. It was at this point I was chatting to my friend at Ronhill. I read up a bit about bioresonance and thought it was worth a try so I gave Mike a call, had a discussion about it and booked in an initial session for the following Monday. We discussed costs, as there seemed a lot involved in the treatment, and I was wondering how much each treatment would be. I was pleasantly surprised that the cost to see Mike was no more than most physio sessions, and considerably less than some.
 
By Saturday morning I felt I could try running again, we were heading off to Blackpool later in the morning so it was only a short run, but it was a struggle, 30 minutes of shuffling along like a man in his 80’s. It wasn’t very pleasant, though I suspect when I’m in my 80’s I’ll feel a whole lot better about being able to run that fast. We stayed over in Blackpool, it was very illuminating, and the next morning was so nice, with the sun shining and, with us staying near the sea front, I just had to go for a run. Ok I started off with the intention of going for a run but it soon became evident I was going for a shuffle. At this point I was keen to see Mike but, I wasn’t exactly sure if it was going to help.

Monday dawned and I actually had a running client early on, thankfully she wasn’t one of my quicker clients but I did feel a bit more relaxed in my running. We ran for about 30 minutes and I loosened up so I left her and ran for a further 30 minutes on my own, then I went to see Mike.

Mike started the session by carrying out various tests to check out my internal organs, and to see if I had any viruses or was carrying any parasites, thankfully I was given a clean bill of health. Then it was onto my back and Mike used his machine to treat me. I had been told not to drink any tea, coffee or alcohol before the treatment and now Mike told me to steer clear of these until the next day, and off I trotted back home.
Despite drinking water on the way home I still felt a bit dehydrated when I arrived so continued to drink throughout the day, I also had a slight headache, which was probably due to the caffeine withdrawal, I also felt a little lacklustre and wasn’t really looking forward to the two running clients I had lined up for that evening.

Come the evening I felt more alive, the headache had disappeared and I had replenished my body with water. I did feel a little stiff setting off with my first client but I soon settled down, come my second client I was ready to fly, which was just as well as she was in the mood for a really hard session. Everything about that run felt good, I had no pain in my back and, despite this being the fastest I’d run I wasn’t getting any pulls in my hamstring, just a dull ache in the piriformis area. Surely this was too good to be true, I had thought it would take me some time still to recover but here I was running at a good pace with no pain. Early days yet and although I was running at a reasonable pace it wasn’t my race pace, my first session at my pace would be a better indicator of success.

The next day I was due to meet Ray for a tough hour long session in Tatton Park, but soon after I got out of bed I felt a twinge in my back, ‘oh dear’ I thought, ‘here we go again’. Thankfully it wasn’t a bad twinge and I was able to work with a client in the morning, which helped to loosen things up. Come Ray’s session I was once again running fast, virtually pain free, over the undulating grasslands of Tatton Park, not the best surface for someone with a back problem but I didn’t experience any pain in the back just the same dull ache in the piriformis.

With a further, but less intense, back twinge, the next day I rang Mike and asked for a further treatment on the Thursday, where I wanted him to also take a look at the piriformis. Then I went out for a run on my own and did one of my quality sessions, at my pace, for the first time in ages. I was quick, not as quick as I normally go as I was a little nervous about the hamstring pulling or the back going, but this was faster than the runs of the previous two days. It was a good training session but one I wouldn’t have felt comfortable doing before Mike’s treatment. Come Thursday I decided I’d do another tough session before my session with Mike. At times I struggled, not surprising as it was the 4th day on the trot I’d done some form of quality, plus there was a stiff, cold, wind in my face for the first 20 minutes. Clearly I was tired but the back and leg had come through well, then off to Mike’s for treatment.

Mike treated my back and piriformis and I decided to take Friday as a rest day to give myself a rest.
On Saturday I did another quality run, still not 100% but faster than the one on Wednesday, with no repercussions. Sunday morning was my long run, although I still like to do a long run on a Sunday it has been a while since I’d run for longer than an hour (hardly fits the description of long run really) but this time I felt good, after an initial slow 10 minutes to warm up. Once I hit the Northwich woodlands I was in full flow and running at a good pace. I was enjoying myself again and didn’t really want to stop, but you can’t go on forever. In the end I ran for an hour and 25 minutes, way longer than anything I’ve managed this year. I felt good and I felt positive. The only thing that bothered me was that I was reluctant to really push up hills, not the best attitude with a cross country season just starting.

The following day I decided to do a hill session (see how the paragraphs just glide into each other), just a short one as I had a running client in the evening and that was likely to be a tough session. This gave me some confidence to push up the hill but, because I was extending my leg further, I was getting a slight tug in the hamstring. Nowhere near as much as I had before starting treatments with Mike but it was still a concern. It’s been good progress but even I’m not optimistic enough to believe things will be sorted out in two sessions, so I booked a further session with Mike for this week. However, I do seem to be able to train hard in-between treatments.

It’s now Wednesday, exactly two weeks since the big back spasm and goodness knows how many weeks since I started experiencing the problem with my piriformis. Today is the first morning where I haven’t had any twinges in my back, since that first spasm. I also did another of my hard runs and couldn’t feel any pain in my piriformis or hamstring. I went to see Mike for the 3rd time and he treated me again, also working on my achilles, which is still a little tender from the injury I received in February. I left Mike feeling good and full of confidence that I will be back racing soon and I can’t wait for my next run.

If you’re interested in finding out more about bioresonance therapy then take a look at the website www.reson8.uk.com or if you’re local to Wilmslow and want to get in touch with Mike, you can call him on 01625 531222.

Written by Roger Alsop

No comments:

Post a Comment